A Huge Investment In Time And Money!
At eScribe, it’s important to us that clients receive value for money and a positive return on the time invested in focus groups. Set out below are our recommendations for creating recordings of appropriate quality to enable effective and accurate transcription.
With appropriate forethought and planning, successful recordings result in transcriptions that are easily analysed and require far less time and focus.
Category types of Focus Group Transcription include:
- General group discussion transcription
- Roundtable discussion transcription
- Focus group discussion transcription
- Meeting transcription
- Conference transcription
- Brainstorming session transcription
- Strategic planning session transcription
A Successful Outcome = Quality Recordings!
A QUALITY RECORDING DEPENDS ON TWO ELEMENTS:
1. The technical aspect of the audio-video recording.
2. The participants’ content.
FORETHOUGHT MUST BE GIVEN AS TO:
- recording equipment used;
- placement of microphones;
- an explanation of the two objectives;
- must set down guidelines to achieve high quality participant content;
- strategy to manage softly spoken speakers and/or those who have;
- strong accents; and
- invites a roll call for speaker identification, if required.
- control of the flow of the conversation; and
- how the gathered data is going to be analysed.
Is knowing who said what really necessary to achieve your desired outcome? If speaker identification is important, then the ability of our transcriptionists to identify each speaker’s content is subject to:
- the quality of the audio recording;
- the number of participants;
- how well the focus group is moderated;
- the quality of the participants’ content.