One Stop Service!
eScribe offers post produced web video closed captioning and descriptive transcription as a full service. By making use of web video closed captioning, your web video content becomes available to a wider audience whilst at the same time providing greater accessibility to your content as required under the W3C WCAG v2.0 standard.
Are you a Government Agency? We strongly recommend you also read our page covering Government Transcription.
How It Happens:
Closed Captioning FAQ
Get Compliant Under W3C WCAG v2.0
Under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 government agencies must ensure that people with disabilities have the same fundamental rights to access information and services as others in the community. As such, transcription and captioning of digital audio-visual content is mandatory. eScribe can assist you in meeting these requirements for, and on behalf of, your clients.
Paul Hasler, Assistant Director, Production Audio Visual and Theatre Services, DEEWR
eScribe, has always offered and ensured a professional service. With our ever demanding timelines for projects … has always delivered transcripts and captions on time, every time. The work has been of excellent quality, and as developments in our procedures change for the delivery of videos, Vicki worked closely with us to develop and grow her procedures and products, so that the DEEWR AV&T Team can deliver video products designed for websites that adhere to AAA compliance under the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
Expand and better serve your audience
- The hearing impaired: Closed captioning unlocks a world of video content.
- Viewing in public places: Sometimes it’s necessary to view video content where it may not be appropriate or possible to otherwise listen (workplaces, libraries, public transport).
- Privacy: Viewers of web video content often don’t want to share their activities with those around them.
- Disturbance avoidance: Late at night or where others are sleeping, studying or working.
Caption Output File Formats
We can caption post produced web videos in the following Web formats for you:
- Windows Media Player (smi/txt)
- Quicktime Player (mov, smil/txt)
- YouTube video (SRT)
- Google video
- Adobe Flash (Timed Text sml)
- iTunes, iPod, iPhone podcasts (m4v)
- MPEG-2 (tapeless HD)
- Captionate Flash (xml)
- RIT Flash (xml)
- JW Flash Player (Timed Text xml)
- Hulu (smi)
For any formats not listed here, please contact us for further information.